WILMINGTON, MA — The following nine Wilmington Public Schools employees have declared their intention to retire by the end of the 2016-2017 school year:
- Robert Almedia, Middle School Physical Education Teacher, 18 years of service
- Donna Alonardo, Woburn St. Educational Assistant, 28 years of service
- Richard Barry, Middle School Social Studies Teacher, 38 years of service
- Dorothy Bowen, Middle School Grade 7 ELA Teacher, 17 years of service
- Ellen Houle, Middle School Educational Assistant, 21 years of service
- Sally Lojek, North Grade 5 Teacher, 16 years of service
- Janet McLaren, Mini Van Driver, 14 years of service
- Deborah Stoelzel, High School Special Education Teacher, 29 years of service
- June Trickett, West Educational Assistant, 29 years of service
These dedicated individuals — with a combined 210 years of service to Wilmington Public Schools — will be honored by the Wilmington School Committee at its Wednesday, June 14 meeting. School Committee Chair Steve Bjork will present each with a plaque.
The meeting will be telecast live at 7pm by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.