WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Memorial Library recently released its summer events brochure for kids and teens.
- “Build A Better World” Children Summer Reading Program, including events, prizes, drop-in crafts, stamps and guessing contests
- “Build A Better World” Teen Summer Reading Program with raffle prizes and a “Book-In-A-Jar” contest
- Mike Bent’s “Books Build A Magical World” Magic Show to kick off the Summer Reading Program on Saturday, June 17, 11am
- Summer Reading Bash Finale on the Swain Green on Thursday, August 15, 5pm to 7:30pm, featuring food trucks, slush, music, games, entertainment and more
- Family programs, including: Touch-A-Truck, Jungle Jim: Minecraft Madness, a Collaborative Mural Art Project; a puppet show; Mike The Bubble Man; and more
- Storytimes — including BabyTimes, Time for Twos, Preschool Storytime, Storytimes in the Sun, and PJ Storytime
- Events for Students in Grade 1 to Grade 5, including 3D Modeling, Building Challenges, Travel Club, Angry Birds, Pokemon Dodgeball, Lego Building, Video Game Tournaments, and more
- Events for Students in Grade 4 to Grade 8, including Quidditch, Paper Bag Project Runway, Family Escape The Room, Crafternoons, LEGO Mindstorms, Minecraft Challenge, Video Game Tournaments, Stop Motion Animation and more
- Events for Students in Grades 6 to 12, including Teen Creative Writing, Teen Escape Room, College Essay Bootcamp, Fandemonium, and more
The library is also looking for teen artists to display their artwork in the library’s moveable gallery and for kids to display their collections in the library’s new display case.
Read the brochure HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.