WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will provide an update on its superintendent search.
- The School Committee will discuss whether it would prefer to see the school district administration be housed in a potential future new Town Hall building.
- Safety Officer Brian Moon and Physical Education CTL Laura Stinson will present a presentation on the “Walking School Bus” pilot program at the Woburn Street School.
- The School Committee will vote to adopt a new policy surrounding the SBIRT process (Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment).
- The School Committee will officially set the last day of school.
- The School Committee will vote to appoint John Maddox as the school district’s physician.
- School Committee members will finalize their subcommittee assignments for the next year.
- School Committee Student Representative Ashley Bonnett-Kim will be recognized at her final meeting.
- The Wilmington Middle School a cappella group will perform the Star Spangled Banner.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting. Wilmington Apple also intends on live-tweeting the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.