WILMINGTON, MA — Join us this Sunday, April 23rd, when We’re One Wilmington (WOW) hosts its 7th Annual 5K Run for Wilmington and Kim Forte Walk. The race begins at 11 AM at the Wilmington Town Common and is professionally timed. Register to run or walk, or just come down to cheer on the participants and enjoy some fun activities and excitement on the common!
This family-friendly event attracts over 500 runners and walkers and is a cornerstone fundraiser for WOW enabling the non-profit to:
- Award $8,500 in scholarships to high school seniors in 2016
- Fund Boston Museum passes via the Wilmington Library
- Provide holiday gifts for local families
- Collaborate with other non-profits to support the needs of families in Wilmington
- Support Wilmington families in need with seasonal items, back to school backpacks and spring cleaning baskets
- Provide enrichment programs for Angels in Motion (a social group for home bound individuals and their care givers)
- And much more!
Over the past few years, WOW has redistributed over $6,000 of race registration fees to nearly 50 Wilmington non-profits. This event also gives the community a moment to continue to share Kim Forte’s message of “Skip, Smile, and dance through life, this is not the dress rehearsal” and enables WOW to support the Kim Forte Memorial Scholarship.
There is still time to register for the race! Please visit www.onewilmington.org to register online. We can also accept in-person registrations on race day, but please arrive early as registration will close at 10:30am, a half hour before the start.
(NOTE: The above press release is from We’re One Wilmington.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.