WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will provide a public update on its Superintendent Search.
- The School Committee will consider a change to the district’s policy regarding ‘Administering Prescription and Non-Prescription Medication to Students’ (Policy JLCD).
- The School Committee will consider adopting a new district policy regarding ‘Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral To Treatment (SBIRT)’.
- The School Committee will accept a donation of $3,000 in the form of Joanne Benton Educator Exploration Grants from the Wilmington Educational Foundation.
- The School Committee will accept a donation of $500 in the form of a GE Star Award Grant to Ms. Maura Tucker.
- The School Committee will consider approving a field trip to Walt Disney World (November 3, 2017-November 6, 2017) for the WHS Strings program.
- The School Committee will consider approving a field trip to Costa Rica & Nicaragua (April 11, 2018-April 20, 2018) for interested WHS students.
- The Superintendent’s Report, Assistant Superintendent’s Report, School Committee’s Subcommittee Reports, and the School Committee’s Student Representative Report are also all on the agenda.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting. Wilmington Apple also intends on live-tweeting the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.