WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 10, 2017 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There is a lot on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will recognize departing Selectwoman Chair Judy O’Connell.
- Selectmen will recognize Wilmington Boy Scout Frankie Grieco.
- Selectmen will recognize the Wilmington Youth Hockey Bantam 2 team.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Fourth of July Committee Chair Scott Garrant to use the Town Common and Swain Green for the annual Fourth of July festivities.
- Selectwoman Chair Judy O’Connell will present the board’s 2016 Annual Report.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the Yentile Farm Recreational Facility.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the town contracting for addiction and family counseling services.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the Town Meeting warrant, including the withdrawal of Article 53 and clarification surrounding the Article on police requesting additional taser purchases.
- Selectmen will receive correspondence from DPW Director Michael Woods on upcoming roadwork in town.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Michelle Gracia to use Rotary Park on Saturday, April 22, from 12:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Fourth of July Committee Chair Scott Garrant to restrict hawkers/peddlers and transient vendors from conducting business within one-half mile of the Town Common during the Fourth of July celebration.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Library Director Tina Stewart to use the Town Common/Swain Green on Thursday, July 27, 10am-1pm (Teddy Bear Picnic); Thursday, August 11, 5pm-8pm (Summer Bash); and Saturday, September 23, 9am-noon (Shredding Day).
- Selectmen will consider approving the renewal of the secondhand dealer license for Robert P. Flaherty Jeweler, Inc.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next week. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.