WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Community Television’s popular show — “Where’s Wilmington” — dedicated its most recent episode to some of the most popular Facebook groups in town.
Host Lisa Kapala interviewed three Wilmington residents who maintain Wilmington-centric Facebook groups which have a combined following of over 5,000 members:
- Brandy King of Wilmington MA Online Yard Sale Group
- Hai Huynh of Everything Is Free, Wilmington MA
- Jen Mason of Wilmington Townie Business Referral Page (and Wilmington Women’s Softball League, and formerly of Wilmington MA Community Board Page)
Brandy, Hai and Jen each took time answering the following questions:
- Why they started their groups?
- What are the rules of their groups?
- How they address group members’ safety/security concerns?
- How much time do they spend maintaining their groups?
- What advice would they give someone who was thinking about starting their own group? What if someone wanted to start a similar group to their own?
- Are there any changes or additions coming to their groups?
- What were their strangest (or favorite) posts they’ve read in their groups?
Watch the full episode, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below:
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.