WILMINGTON, MA — At Wednesday’s Board of Selectmen Meeting, Wilmington Town Manager Jeff Hull provided the public with an update on the Yentile Farm Recreation Facility.
Highlights from Hull include:
- The bids for the construction of the facility were opened last Friday, February 5 at 11am.
- 11 companies submitted bids, ranging from $3.845 million to $5.568 million for the base bid. Wilmington voters at Town Meeting appropriated $4.8 million for the construction. (Full bids also included three “add/alternates” — extra components of the project which may be funded depending on where the base bid comes in at.)
- The bids are being reviewed to confirm that (1) pricing includes the specified scope of work, (2) insurance and other bid requirements are met, and (3) the lowest bidder is qualified to perform the work.
- Hull expects to award the contract before the end of the month.
- The Yentile Farm Development Committee will receive a further update at their next meeting next Wednesday, February 17 at 6:30pm at Town Hall.
- The project remains on target to begin construction in early spring.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.