WILMINGTON, MA – At last night’s meeting, the School Committee unanimously approved the 2015 Wildcat Summer Sports Clinics proposal.
“Over the past six years, the summer clinics have averaged [more than] 354 participants and brought in almost $332,000 in gross revenue,” announced Director of Administration and Finance Paul Ruggiero.
11 clinics, all 28 hours long, will be offered this summer in the following sports: Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Volleyball, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, “All Sports,” Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer and Track. Track is a new offering this year.
Below are some details on the sports clinics, based on the program’s flyer:
- The clinics, for children in Grades 1-8, are sponsored by the Wilmington High School Athletic Department.
- The clinics are run by Wilmington High School Coaches, Alumni and Athletes.
- The clinics are held at Wilmington Middle School. [UPDATE, 4/9 — At the March 25th School Committee Meeting, the location was announced as the Wilmington High School. At the April 8th School Committee Meeting, it was announced that the camps would be moved back to the Wilmington Middle School because of site work that would prevent easy access to parking scheduled to take place at the High School during the summer.]
- The cost of each clinic remains $175 per child for the child’s first clinic and $150 for each additional clinic for that child.
- The clinics, with the exception of Volleyball and Track, run 8:30am-2:30pm, Monday through Thursday, and 8:30am-12:30pm on Friday.
- The clinics for Volleyball and Track run 8am to 3pm, Monday through Thursday, during the week of July 4.
- The focus on each clinic is the development of skills through activity-based drills and scrimmages.
- The ultimate goal of the clinics is to develop children who enjoy participating in athletics
Here is the summer sports clinic schedule:
- 6/22-6/26: Boys Basketball, Field Hockey
- 6/29-7/2: Volleyball, Track
- 7/6-7/10: Girls Basketball, Flag Football
- 7/13-7/17: “All Sports”
- 7/20-7/24: Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer
- 7/27-7/31: Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse
Registration forms and additional information are available HERE.