WILMINGTON, MA — Hockey moms can typically be found in the stands cheering on their children as they play. For one day a year, however, those roles get reversed. And that day is almost here.
The 2nd Annual “Chicks with Sticks” Charity Hockey Game is set for Sunday, April 12, noon to 2pm, at the Stoneham Arena (101 Montvale Avenue). Game begins at 12:30pm. More than 50 Wilmington hockey moms will lace ’em up to raise funds for Wilmington Youth Hockey and the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Last year’s event raised over $10,000!
According to the event’s flyer, the moms are motivated to skate for many reasons:
- We are skating to show our children good sportsmanship and the love of a team
- We are skating to help our children follow their dreams of playing the sport they love
- We are skating to show our children that at any age you can do anything you put your heart and soul into.
- We are skating for those that are trying to find their strength in fighting their battle against cancer.
- We are skating to come together as a community and help make a difference.
- We are skating to assist in funding breast cancer research, awareness and a cure.
- We are skating because we care!
- We are skating to hopefully give our children a future where the word cancer was something from the past!
Tickets to this family fun event can be purchased at the door, or by emailing email@example.com. Join the event page on Facebook HERE to receive additional updates as game day approaches.