WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, May 14, 2023:
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from McKinnon’s Supermarket (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entrée schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- SPOTS STILL AVAILBLE: The Wilmington Memorial Library is sponsoring the 8th Annual Town-Wide Yard Sale on Saturday, June 10, 2023, from 8am to 2pm, for those wishing to hold a yard sale at their home and have the library advertise it. The application fee is $15. The fee includes yard sale signs, directional signs, a listing on the yard sale map and lots of publicity. The application deadline is Saturday, May 27, 2023. Participation in the yard sale is limited to the first 60 houses to sign up. The application can be found HERE.
- SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE: The Wilmington United Methodist Church (87 Church Street) is holding a Curbside Pickup Pulled Pork Dinner on Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 5pm. A dine-in option will also take place at 6pm. Enjoy this feast of a meal featuring pulled pork, mac ‘n cheese, coleslaw, cornbread and dessert for a suggestion donation of $15 per person. The dinner will be prepared in the church’s license kitchen, by a ServeSafe certified crew, following current COVID-19 virus safety guidelines. Reserve your meal by clicking HERE or calling the church’s office at 978-658-4519 by Thursday, May 18, 2022. All proceeds will benefit the church’s outreach missions.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.