WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Friday, May 5, 2023:
- Wilmington Public Schools will hold its 11th Annual Art Show on Friday, May 5, 2023, from 6pm to 8pm, and Saturday, May 6, 2023, from 10am to 2pm, in the Wilmington Middle School Cafeteria. Selected artwork from all grade levels and all eight schools will be on display. Students, families, and the general public are invited to this popular event. Admission is free.
- ReadingCares and the Reading Climate Action Committee are thrilled to announce the highly anticipated return of the annual Bike Recycling and Give-Away. The public is invited to donate their used bikes (in good condition) at RMLD, 230 Ash Street, on Friday, May 5, 2023, from 11am to 12:30pm, and on Saturday, May 6, 2023, from 9am to 11am. All donors will receive a voucher to return on Saturday to choose a free bike. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a meeting of its Needleworkers Group at 10am. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding several activities and programs — Zumba (9am); Sewing (9:30am); Chair Yoga (12:30pm); and Poker (1pm). Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.