WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee is holding a meeting this Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 7pm in the High School’s Large Instruction Room.
The meeting will be streamed live on WCTV.org and on WCTV.
There are several noteworthy items on the meeting agenda, including:
- The School Committee will vote on the proposed 2023-2024 school calendar, including whether to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day.
- Based on the most recent School Committee, the Committee will likely be presented with multiple options, including: (1) a calendar with both Columbus Day & Indigenous Peoples Day listed; (2) a calendar with just Indigenous Peoples Day listed; and (3) a calendar where the holiday in question, and potentially all holidays, would be listed as “No School” or “Holiday.”
- Superintendent Brand will present his bi-monthly update, which will include updates on the Wildwood School Building Project, the Wilmington Middle School Program Review, and progress on this year’s Superintendent Goals.
- Food Services Director Mary Palen will provide her annual presentation to the Committee on her department.
- Assistant Superintendent Paul Ruggiero will provide a FY23 financial report.
- Assistant Superintendent Christine Elliott will provide an update on the district’s literacy efforts.
- The Boutwell PAC will give a presentation on its activities and successes.
The School Committee will also hear any public comments, correspondence, and subcommittee reports. The Committee’s High School student representatives will also issue their monthly report.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.