WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Select Board meets this Monday, February 13, 2023 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- State Senator Barry Finegold and State Representative David Robertson will visit the Board to provide a legislative update.
- The Select Board will consider the request of the Fourth of July Committee to request the use of the Town Common and Swain Green for the Fun on the Fourth celebration.
- The Select Board will hear from Veterans Services Director Lou Cimaglia and Eagle Scout candidate Noah Carriere regarding the unveiling of the Fallen Soldiers’ Battlefield Cross at the Wildwood Cemetery.
- The Select Board will consider the request of Convestro to amend its flammable license for its location at 730 Main Street.
- The Town Manager will provide updates on the Annual Town Meeting Warrant, including citizen-petitioned articles.
- The Select Board will receive updates on the town’s use of ARPA Funds, as well as the Health Department’s recent awarding of a Public Excellence Health Grant.
- The Select Board will consider the request of the Wilmington Rotary Club to hold a Polar Plunge at Town Beach at noon on Saturday, March 25, 2023.
- The Select Board will consider the request of the Wilmington Public Schools Arts Department to use the Town Common and Gazebo on May 18, 2023 for a High School Honors Jazz Band Concert and on May 30, 2023 for an Elementary String Orchestra Concert.
- The Select Board will consider the request of the Wilmington Sons of Italy to use the Municipal Parking Lot and Fourth of July Building to hold a Blood Drive on Saturday, March 25, 2023.
- The Select Board will consider the request of Friends of Wilmington Baseball to hold a Car Wash in the Municipal Parking Lot on Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 9am to noon.
- The Select Board will consider appointing a Select Board member to both the school district’s Strategic Plan Committee and a Tax Increment Financing Committee.
- The Select Board will also recognize a veteran or active serviceperson during its “Salute To Service” segment.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.