WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington-Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce profiles a different one of its members in the local media each week. In this week’s “Chamber Corner,” the Chamber is spotlighting the new Wilmington Animal Food Pantry.
Wilmington Animal Food Pantry
Contact Information: Founder & Executive Director Kenzie Whalen-Dunn, (603) 566-8557, email@example.com
Mission: The mission of the Wilmington Animal Food Pantry is to provide food and supplies to families struggling to care for their animals in an effort to keep loved animals out of overflowing shelters. 33% of people who surrender their animals note finances as one of, or the primary reason for surrender. We believe this is fully preventable. With our programs, we aim to eliminate this as a factor in Wilmington and the surrounding communities.
Who We Help: In addition to helping animals, our programs also greatly benefit the people of our community. Losing an animal can be devastating and for many people struggling to keep up with the bills, their animal is often the last thing they have. Most of the people we serve are on a fixed income or have gone through a major life event that has impacted their ability to provide for their animals.
Future Plans: While we currently only provide food and supplies for animals, there are 3 other major areas we would like to grow into.
- We plan to provide discounted or fully covered vet visits so animals in our community can receive the medical care they need.
- The Wilmington Animal Food Pantry will pay for dog walkers and animal sitters for people who work long hours so their animals are cared for while they’re gone.
- We will pay for trainers to assist with families struggling to keep their dogs for manageable behavior issues.
How Local Businesses Can Help: There are a few ways that the businesses in Wilmington and Tewksbury can help us in our mission:
- Set up a donation bin (thank you to the Open Space Gift Shop & Creative Studio in Tewksbury for already doing this!). We will bring all supplies and pickup donations as often as you would like.
- Put up a flyer, we’d be happy to bring one by!
- Set up a donation jar at checkout – any small amount helps.
- Co-host a fundraising event with us to bring awareness to both of our organizations.
For More Information: Visit linktr.ee/wilmingtonanimalfoodpantry.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.