WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Select Board meets this Monday, October 24, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The Select Board will consider a request to change the manager on the all-alcohol license for Red Heat Tavern.
- The Select Board will hear a presentation from Town Engineer Paul Alunni regarding a crosswalk between 46 and 53 Jonspin Road. The Select Board will consider authorizing the installation of the crosswalk.
- The Select Board will hear a presentation from Town Engineer Paul Alunni, along with an MBTA official, regarding the Butters Row Bridge project. The Select Board will also consider executing a land damage agreement with MassDOT for the alignment of Cross Street and Butters Row, plus two right of entry agreements and two land damage agreements with MassDOT relative to the constricution activities of the Route 38 bridge over MBTA tracks.
- The Select Board will consider a request from 4th of July Committee Chair Patrick Giroux to use the Town Common for the Tree Lighting on December 3.
- The Select Board will hear a presentation from Planning Director Valerie Gingrich on the final guidelines for multi-family zoning requirements in MBTA communities. Gingrich will also provide a written update on the statuses of each 40B proposal in town.
- The Select Board will hold a discussion on FY24 budget priorities.
- The Select Board will assign motions for the Special Town Meeting.
- Selectman Gary DePalma will share information about a MSBA-sponsored tour of an elementary school in Harvard.
- The Select Board will receive information about Local Initiative Program (LAU) approval for Rachel’s Village in Wilmington.
- The Select Board will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint additional election workers.
- The Select Board will consider the request of the Veterans Services Director Lou Cimaglia to use the Town Common for a Veterans Day Program on November 11. The Board will also consider Cimaglia’s request to illuminate the Town Common green during the month of November.
- The Select Board will consider the ratification of the Town Manager’s appointment of James Buck to the Historical Commission.
- The Select Board will signing the deed for the sale of town-owned land on Pershing Street.
- The Select Board will consider the request of the WHS Gymnastics Team to use the Student Parking Lot on Saturday, November 5, 2022, from 10am to 2pm, for a car wash fundraiser.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.