WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Select Board meets this Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The Select Board will hear from the OPM and project managers of the Senior Center Building project and Town Hall/School Administration Building project relative to cost estimates.
- The Select Board will hear from RMLD’s Interim General Manager Greg Phipps on renewed interest on purchasing town property on Route 125 for a substation and exploring the use of solar panels at the Maple Meadow Landfill.
- The Select Board will hear from the Town’s Health & Recovery Coordinator Samantha Cavanaugh and Recovery Coach Darrell Mirrione on their efforts.
- The Select Board will hear about an Eagle Scout project proposal from Noah Carriere.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on issuing a Request For Services for a OPM for a potential limited renovation of the Wildwood School. Hull will also provide an update on the recent Wildwood School Building study.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on rail crossing safety in town.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on Seurat Technologies, located on Ballardvale Street, sending a letter of intent to participate in the state’s Economic Development Program (EDIP).
- The Board will consider signing the warrants for the Special Town Meeting and the State Election.
- The Board will consider a request from the Town Clerk to appoint an additional election worker.
- The Board will consider signing a Purchase and Sale agreement and deed relative to the sale of town-owned land on Pershing Street, pursuant to the affirmative Town Meeting vote in April.
- The Board will consider the requests of community groups to conduct events which require road closures.
- The Board will consider the request of Grace Chapel to display lawn signs on the Swain Green publicizing their Fall Festival on October 15.
- The Board will consider the request of the Northside PAC to use the Municipal Parking Lot on Saturday, October 29, 2022, from 4pm to 7:45pm, for a trunk or treat event.
- The Board will consider the request of the WHS Touchdown Club (Football Boosters) to use the Municipal Parking Lot on Sunday, September 17, 2023, from 9am to noon, for a Car Wash fundraiser.
- The Board will consider its meeting schedule for December.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.