WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Thursday, October 6, 2022:
- The Wilmington Recreation Commission meets at 5pm in Room 9 of Town Hall. Read the agenda HERE.
- In recognition of National Public Power Week (October 3-9), Reading Municipal Light Department (RMLD) invites customers to attend an Open House from 3:00pm to 6:00pm at RMLD’s Garage located at 218 Ash Street, Reading. This fun and educational event will feature a touch-a-truck event, face painting, balloon art, a caricaturist, kid’s games and prizes, pumpkin decorating, a lineman dress-up activity, an electric vehicle showcase, and more. RMLD staff will offer education on electricity, electrical safety, energy conservation, and information about rebate and efficiency programs. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington High School Sidelines Club (WHS Boys Soccer Booster Club) is holding a Rock ‘n Roll Bingo fundraiser from 6pm to 9pm at Tremezzo Ristorante (2 Lowell Street). Enjoy a fun evening of bingo, music, raffles, and prizes! Tickets cost $25 per seat. Email Sharon Lagunilla at email@example.com to Venmo (@WilmingtonHS_Sideliners) for tickets.
- Power of Flowers Project will once again hold their annual Spread the Joy Outside Luncheon, from 11:30am to 2:30pm, at Four Oaks Country Club at 80 Meadow Creek Drive in Dracut. Basket and Gift Card Raffles, Silent Auction, and Golden Ticket Drawing to win $500 Cash. Ticket prices are $50.00 per person with boxed lunch, $25.00 per person no boxed lunch. All proceeds to benefit the Power of Flowers Project, a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization who shares hope and happiness with seniors, veterans and those living in care communities. To find out more information, visit https://pofproject.org/events/.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an Outdoor Baby Storytime at 10am at the Peggy Kane Reading Garden. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a lecture on North End Heritage at 7pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Yoga with Joan at 9am; Art with Steve at 9:45am; Country Line Dancing at 10:30am; Knitting & Crocheting at 10:30am; Ceramics with Carol at 1:30pm; and Functionally Fit at 2pm. Learn more HERE.