WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, September 24, 2022:
- The Wilmington Fire Department and Wilmington Police Department are holding their 4th Annual “Guns and Hoses” Softball Game at Town Park/Aprile Field (791 Main Street). A cornhole tournament, open to the public, will take place at 11am. Registration begins at 10am. The tournament is bracket style with prizes for first and second place. Registration costs $30 per team. Pre-register via VENMO (Morganbreen1 or Bill-Cavanaugh) with payment, team name, and team members. Food, water, soda and snacks will be available for purchase. Cash only. The police vs. firefighter softball game begins at 2pm. The event will include a DJ, a 50/50 raffle, gift baskets, and gift cards. All proceeds from the event will benefit Cops for Kids with Cancer and the Wilmington Fire Memorial Construction Foundation Fund.
- The Wilmington Community Fund (WCF) is hosting its annual Shredding Day, from 9am to noon, in the Wilmington Town Common parking lot (142 Middlesex Avenue). The event is free of charge to Wilmington residents. Paper will ONLY be accepted from trunks, and backs of SUVs or trucks. Up to 5 banker boxes/bags of paper per vehicle. All containers brought to be emptied must be taken back with you. Please be sure to remove binder clips or metal fasteners. Paper clips, rubber bands and staples do NOT need to be removed. No food donations are needed, but financial donations will be accepted if offered.
- The Wilmington-Tewksbury United Methodist Women is holding its annual Harvest and Holly Fair from 9am to 2pm at the Methodist Church (87 Church Street). Treats and treasures await you, including fall mums, a fashion boutique, and the ever popular gently used jewelry sale. And don’t miss the cider and doughnuts, lunch options, and pies, fudge and other treats. Proceeds will support the church and its many mission projects within the past have included the Wilmington Community Fund, Billerica Food Pantry, Lazarus House, Woman’s Lunch Place, House of Hope, Wish Project, Power of Flowers, Mission of Deeds, and many more.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a birding program for kids and teens at 1pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- Pacific Grove (211 Lowell Street) typically hosts karaoke from Winnell Entertainment on Saturdays beginning at 8pm. Call ahead to confirm.