WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Memorial Library is hiring a Marketing Librarian. The job posting is below and can also be found HERE.
LIBRARIAN: MARKETING SERVICES
WILMINGTON MEMORIAL LIBRARY
Unit: ASFCME II Full Time (35 hours/week) Benefits Eligible
Reporting To: Library Director
Location: Wilmington Memorial Library
Hours: 35 hours per week, one evening and every third Saturday shift rotation required.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Professional librarian position responsible for creating and coordinating marketing initiatives and developing promotional materials and messages that enhance broad-based community awareness of the services offered by the Wilmington Memorial Library; all other related work as required.
Working under the general supervision of the Library Director and Assistant Library Director:
- Oversees all aspects of library marketing and is responsible for maintaining standards of excellence in this area.
- Serves as the central clearing point for all library communication materials to ensure a consistent library identity and branding.
- Creates and oversees the development of both print and online publicity materials following the WML style guide ensuring a consistent visual identity.
- Creates all in-house signage to maintain a consistent brand including display signs, directional signage, and attention notices.
- Develops strategies for effective email correspondence that includes developing content for a weekly email newsletter.
- Analyzes marketing and other data to identify services, resources and programs and target groups for marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates with other staff as needed on interdepartmental projects, marketing campaigns, and special events, etc.
- Oversees and maintains the library’s social media presence.
- Assists with the graphic content and maintenance of library’s website.
- Works with local media and community organizations on promotional projects.
- Supports the promotional efforts of the Friends of the Library.
- Hosts and assists with various library programs.
- Represents the library at regional meetings as relates to marketing.
- Participates in library’s long range planning process and is responsible for meeting service goals as relates to marketing library services.
- Compiles statistics for evaluation of programs and services and prepares reports.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Maintains working knowledge of contemporary issues, trends and technology in the library and marketing profession by attending workshops, professional meetings, and reading current literature.
- Performs a variety of tasks at the public service desk including answering the telephone, checking in and out library materials, registering patrons for library cards, programs, museum passes, etc.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services; uses library’s OPAC and/or a variety of online tools to locate requested information or reading material.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field with either a Master’s Degree in Library Science or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing and community relations.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In Design and Photoshop) and the principles of style and layout techniques.
- Ability to develop and implement creative approaches to reach targeted audiences.
- A working knowledge of computer applications and an understanding of emerging technologies.
- Ability to set priorities, complete projects independently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public relations skills.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
Work is generally performed inside a building. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels. Noise levels may be elevated during busy periods and/or during programs that may be scheduled in the building. Work schedule includes regular evening and rotating Saturday hours. Requires driving to other communities for meetings and workshops.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds and push a cart which at full load may be up to 300 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Susan L. Inman
Assistant Town Manager/Human Resources Director Town Manager’s Office
Town of Wilmington
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887-3597
or via email at: email@example.com
If submitting by email please use “Library Marketing Services” in the subject. Resume, cover letter and completed application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically in a file type other than PDF.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.