WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5+ things to do in Wilmington on Wednesday, August 31, 2022:
- Happy First Day of School, Wilmington!
- The Alzheimer’s Association and Wilmington Senior Center present “10 Warning Signs” at the Wilmington Methodist Church (87 Church Street) at 6:30pm. This 60-minute program will help you recognize common signs of the disease in yourself and others, will include next steps and how to talk to your doctor. Registration is required by calling the Buzzell Senior Center at 978-657-7595. Refreshments will be served.
- The Wilmington Senior Center Building Committee meets at 6pm in Room 9 of Town Hall. Read the agenda HERE.
- The Wilmington Town Clerk’s Office is holding in-person early voting from 8:30am to 4:30pm at the Town Hall.
- Shawsheen Tech is holding registration for its upcoming Fall Learn to Swim Program on from 2:30pm to 4:30pm in the school’s pool hallway. Lessons run from Saturday, September 17, 2022 to Saturday, November 12, 2022, with no classes on Columbus Day weekend. Class times are staggered between 9am and 11am. EIGHT 30-minute lessons for beginning swimmers cost $125. (Early-bird pricing with cash or check will be $105.) EIGHT 60-minute lessons for more advanced swimmers cost $250. Click HERE for the registration form. Have a question? Contact Aquatics Director Jay Tildsley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Special Exercise class at 9:30am; Cards & Games at 1pm; and Poker at 1pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Police Department is conducting Child Safety Seat Inspections and Installations at the Public Safety Building (1 Adelaide Street) between 10am and noon. No appointments are necessary, however, it is strongly encouraged that you call ahead at 978-658-5071 to make sure a technician is available. Learn more HERE.