WILMINGTON, MA — Public Shade Trees are protected by Massachusetts General Law Chapter 87. The removal of a healthy public tree requires an advertised public hearing. If a tree is declared by a Tree Warden to be an immediate hazard to the public, a hearing is not required.
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Removal of Public Shade Trees
Town of Wilmington, Department of Public Works
Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 87, Sections 3 and 4, a public hearing will be held on Friday, August 26, 2022 at 9:30 am in Room 9 of Town Hall, 121 Glen Road, Wilmington, MA, to consider the removal of the following public trees related to the planned intersection improvements at Lowell Street and Woburn Street.
- B Red Maple (Acer rubrum) 10″ 230 Lowell St
- C Red Maple (Acer rubrum) 6″ 230 Lowell St
- D Maple (Acer) 13″ 232 Lowell St
- E Ash (Fraxinus) 11″ 2 Strout Ave
- F Ash (Fraxinus) 10″ 2 Strout Ave
- G Maple (Acer) 16″ 2 Strout Ave
- H Maple (Acer) 17″ 2 Strout Ave
- I Ash (Fraxinus) 11″ 2 Strout Ave
- J Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum) 8″ 1 Strout Ave
- K Black Oak (Quercus velutina) 21″ 1 Strout Ave
- L Red Maple (Acer rubrum) 10″ 249 Lowell St
- M Ash (Fraxinus) 12″ 226 Lowell St
- N Elm (Ulmus) 14″ 226 Lowell St
- O Elm (Ulmus) 13″ 226 Lowell St
The trees identified above have been posted for public inspection. Any objections to their removal must be submitted in writing for the Tree Warden, prior to or during the hearing. The mailing address for the Tree Warden is: Department of Public Works Tree Warden, 121 Glen Road, Wilmington, MA 01887. The Warden can be reached via phone at 978-658-4481.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.