WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, August 6, 2022:
- Pacific Grove (211 Lowell Street) is hosting karaoke from Winnell Entertainment beginning at 8pm.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a virtual meeting of its Fiction Critique Group at 9:15am on Zoom. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a Paint Palooza for All Ages at 3pm on the library’s lawn. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- Town Beach is open from 10am to 6pm. Wilmington residents with proof of residency may use the beach at no charge. Learn more HERE.
- REGISTRATION OPEN: Friends of Wilmington Tennis is holding its Fourth Annual Wilmington Tennis Open on Saturday, August 13, 2022. Tournament Directors Rob Mailey (WHS Boys Tennis Coach), Matt Hackett (WHS Girls Tennis Coach), and Kathleen Reynolds are excited to host the event at the Wilmington High School and Boutwell School Tennis Courts. The tournament will feature several different divisions, including singles for girls and boys from grammar school to high school seniors, as well as doubles for adults over high school age. Cost of the Tournament is $25 per player, with all proceeds going to support Friends of Wilmington Tennis (FWT). Learn more HERE.
- REMINDER: The Massachusetts State Police will be holding a Sobriety Checkpoint in Middlesex County on Friday, August 5, 2022 into Saturday, August 6, 2022. Wilmington is one of the 54 cities and towns in Middlesex County. The purpose of the Sobriety Checkpoint is to detect and remove drivers who are operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs from the roads. The Checkpoint also raises the public’s awareness of law enforcement’s efforts to combat this serious issue.