WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Friday, August 5, 2022:
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a meeting of its Video Game Club for Grades 1-5 at 3pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an obstacle course for ages 2 to 5 at 10am. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Zumba at 9am; Sewing at 9:30am; Chair Yoga at 12:30pm; and Poker at 1pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- Town Beach is open from 10am to 6pm. Wilmington residents with proof of residency may use the beach at no charge. Learn more HERE.
- CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS: If you’ve got some time to spare this Summer, WCTV is available to provide you with all the training you’ll need so that in the fall you’ll be ready to help us cover all the sports that are part of our community! You’re already there watching the games, why not film these events for WCTV and others in our community that might not be able to watch the games in person. WCTV membership and training are FREE to all Wilmington residents and those who work in Wilmington or are affiliated with a Wilmington organization! To get involved, reach out to Community Relations Coordinator, Lisa Kapala at: email@example.com or call her at (978) 657-4066.
- REMINDER: The Massachusetts State Police will be holding a Sobriety Checkpoint in Middlesex County on Friday, August 5, 2022 into Saturday, August 6, 2022. Wilmington is one of the 54 cities and towns in Middlesex County. The purpose of the Sobriety Checkpoint is to detect and remove drivers who are operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs from the roads. The Checkpoint also raises the public’s awareness of law enforcement’s efforts to combat this serious issue.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.