WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5+ things to do in Wilmington on Wednesday, August 3, 2022:
- The 2022 Wilmington Concerts on the Common series concludes tonight, from 6:30pm to 8pm, with Jimmy & The Jesters. Jimmy “Mr. Rock & Roll” Merrick and The Jesters specialize in the oldies and classic country tunes the way you remember them. Come out and see why this group is a fan favorite. Admission is free of charge. Bring your chairs/blankets and relax to the sweet sounds of summer. The Wilmington Band Parents Association will be selling concessions. The concert had originally been scheduled for Wednesday, July 13, 2022, but was postponed due to illness. This popular concert series is organized by the Wilmington Recreation Department.
- The Wilmington Conservation Commission meets at 7pm via Zoom. Read the agenda HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an outdoor Time For Twos storytime at 10:30am in the Peggy Kane Reading Garden. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a one-man circus show (“Circus Minimus”) for families at 6:30pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a presentation on Alternatives To Cable at 7pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Special Exercise class at 9:30am; Cards & Games at 1pm; and Poker at 1pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Police Department is conducting Child Safety Seat Inspections and Installations at the Public Safety Building (1 Adelaide Street) between 10am and noon. No appointments are necessary, however, it is strongly encouraged that you call ahead at 978-658-5071 to make sure a technician is available. Learn more HERE.
- Town Beach is open from 10am to 6pm. Wilmington residents with proof of residency may use the beach at no charge. Learn more HERE.