WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, July 31, 2022:
- The Wilmington Farmers Market will be open from 10am to 1pm, on the Swain Green, across from the Town Common, at 140 Middlesex Avenue. The lineup can be found HERE.
- A Wilmington non-profit theatre company, On the Fence Players, is hosting a yard sale from 10am to 3pm at 21 Susan Drive in Tewksbury. All proceeds will support their upcoming and future shows.
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from McKinnon’s Supermarket (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entrée schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- DEADLINE TODAY: We’re One Wilmington is once again collecting school supplies for Wilmington families in need as well as for care packages to Wilmington Public Schools. Supplies may be dropped off in the collections bin at Salem Five Bank (281 Main Street) or 17 Hobson Street until August 4, 2022. If you know of someone who needs help with school supplies, please have them submit this form by July 31, 2022.