WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Select Board meets this Monday, July 18, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh will discuss the temporary staging of fire personnel during the Route 62 culvert construction.
- Police Chief Joe Desmond will discuss the department’s plans for National Night Out.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the national opioid settlement.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the town’s Treasurer/Collector position.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the use of American Rescue Plan Act Funds for the Andover St. sidewalk design.
- The board will receive updates on recent meetings on the Senior Center Building Committee and Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee.
- Town Manager Hull will provide a memo on scheduling a Special Town Meeting on November 19 for the building project votes.
- Town Manager Hull will provide an update on the activation of electric charging stations at Town Hall and Library.
- DPW Director Mike Woods will provide an update on procedures for collecting solid waste items.
- Select Board will consider the request of Police Chief Desmond to the authorize the Silver Wings Parachute Team to conduct a demonstration during National Night Out.
- Select Board will consider the request of Town Clerk Elizabeth Lawrenson to authorize Police Chief Desmond to assign police officers at polling locations for 2022 elections.
- Select Board will consider the request of RMLD to conduct an electric vehicle car show on Sunday, August 14, 2022, from 9am to 2pm, in conjunction with the town’s Farmers Market.
- Select Board will consider the request to hold a neighborhood block party on Lucaya Circle on Sunday, September 17, 2022.
- Select Board will consider discontinuing the publication of quarterly Town Topics newsletter.
- Select Board will recognize the military service of William J. Kent, III.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.