WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, May 29, 2022:
- As part of its Memorial Day Weekend activities, the Town will be rededicating its memorial parks, squares and monuments today:
- 1pm: Police Station (Wilmington Police Monument) & St. Thomas (Memorial Shrine)
- 1:15pm: Town Common (Reading of all squares and names; Dedication of Flagpoles — Eagle Scout Project by Aaron Dancewicz
- 3:30pm: Silver Lake (Dedication of Leslie Wicks Monument — Eagle Scout Project by Candidate Kevin Stevens; Dedication of Agent Orange Monument — Eagle Scout Project by Brendan Fitzpatrick)
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entrée schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- The Wilmington Sons & Daughters of Italy are planning a trip to the Encore Casino in Everett on Saturday, July 16, 2022. The cost is $35 per person and you will receive a $20 voucher for the Casino. Meet at the 4th of July parking lot and the bus will leave at 9am. Casino-goers will return to Wilmington by 4pm. If you would like to attend this trip, please contact Lynne Martell (978-694-1632, Lynne_martell@comcast.net) or Lucille Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org, 339-927-1447). Payment is due June 15, 2022. Check payable to Wilmington Sons & Daughters of Italy.