WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Friday, May 13, 2022:
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an outdoor drop-in story time for ages 2 to 6 at 10am on the library lawn. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a meeting of its Needleworkers Group from 10am to 12pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Zumba at 9am; Sewing at 9:30am; Chair Yoga at 12:30pm; and Poker at 1pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- Wilmington Police Officers are being issued special badges to commemorate the department’s 150th Anniversary. Based on a 1920’s WPD badge, the badges are for our sworn officers only, but commemorative patches are now for sale to the public at the front desk of the police station. Patches can be purchased for $10 each (cash only).
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.