WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5+ things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, May 1, 2022:
- The Wilmington High School High School Girl Lacrosse Team is holding a car wash fundraiser from 9am to 1pm, outside the Wilmington Fourth of July Building (142 Middlesex Avenue). Donations of any size are appreciated. Cash or Venmo accepted.
- The Wilmington Women’s Softball League is holding a Meet & Greet and League Singups form 6:30pm to 7:30pm at Town Park (791 Main Street). Meet some of the players and coaches, ask questions, and join a team. Games take place on Sunday evenings in May through August. No experience necessary. Must be 18 or older. $10 per player for the season.
- The Wilmington Town Museum (430 Salem Street) is holding its monthly Open House from 2pm to 4pm. Free tours of the museum. Scavenger hunt for the kids.
- DEADLINE TODAY: The Wilmington High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee has announced that the nomination deadline for this year is May 1, 2022. All nominations must be received by the deadline in order to be considered. To be eligible for nomination, the athletes must have participated in at least one varsity sport. Athletes nominated for the Hall of Fame must have graduated at least ten years prior to nomination. Make your nomination HERE.
- DEADLINE TODAY: The Friends of Wilmington Baseball are running a Wine Raffle to support the Wilmington High School Baseball team. All proceeds will benefit the team, including winter cage rentals, equipment, banquets, college scholarships and more. $20 per entry for a chance to win up to 10 bottles of wine. Venmo information is in the flyer below. The drawing will be held on May 1, 2022.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.