WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 11, 2022 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- MBTA officials will take questions from the Selectmen on rail crossing operations and efforts to address lights and gate functions. Those expected to be present include the MBTA Deputy General Manager Jeff Gonneville, MBTA Executive Director of Commuter Rail Michael Muller, MBTA Chief Railroad Officer Ryan Coholan, and Keolis Commuter Services General Manager & CEO Abdellah Chajai.
- The Board will recognize Robert Peterson Sr. & James Gillis for their service to the Shawsheen Tech School Committee.
- Town Engineer Paul Alunni will discuss the alteration of the layout for Lowell Street and Woburn Street Intersection Improvement Project. Selectmen will then vote to authorize the order.
- Selectman Greg Bendel will provide an update on the latest Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee Meeting.
- Selectman Kevin Caira will provide an update on the Senior Center Building Committee Meeting.
- DPW Director Michael Woods will provide a memo on a recent grant award.
- Public Buildings Superintendent George Hooper will provide an update on the remediation of the oil spill at the Wildwood Early Childhood Center.
- Selectmen will consider executing an access agreement with the MassDOT to conduct soil borings relative to the Route 38 Bridge Replacement over the MBTA Commuter Rail.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Wilmington Public Schools to use Rotary Park on May 9, 2022, from 3pm to 4pm, for parent and student socializing and to provide information about mindfulness and relaxation.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Director of Veterans Services to conduct a Memorial Day Parade on May 30.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Recreation Director to use the Town Common and Gazebo for the Summer Concert Series on Wednesday nights in July.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Library Director to use the Swain Green for various library events this summer.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint additional election workers for 2022.
- Selectmen will consider the request to place signs of graduating Wilmington seniors of Shawsheen Tech on the Town Common.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Site One Landscape Supply to donate lights to illuminate military flags on the Town Common as part of an Eagle Scout project.
- Selectmen will set its Summer Meeting Schedule. Proposed meeting dates are July 18 and August 15.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.