WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee is holding a meeting this Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 7pm in the High School’s Large Instruction Room.
The meeting will be streamed live on WCTV.org and on WCTV.
Last week’s bullying incident at Wilmington High School is not on the agenda, although it may come up during public comments. One resident has already submitted a written public comment on the matter.
There are several noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the ongoing process to change School Start Times for next school year.
- Superintendent Brand will provide an update on the FY23 School Budget following the Finance Committee’s recommendation to cut $500,000.
- Superintendent Brand will present the AMLE survey results and program review findings for the Middle School. He’ll share strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks. Recommended changes won’t be proposed until the May 25 meeting.
- Superintendent Brand will provide brief updates on the North Intermediate School’s Principal Search, the Last Day of School, and Athletic Summer Camps.
- Assistant Superintendent Paul Ruggiero will provide a report on the FY22 budget’s Revolving Accounts.
- Departing School Committee member Jo Newhouse will be recognized.
The School Committee will also hear any public comments, correspondence, subcommittee reports, and a report from its WHS School Committee Representative.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.