WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, April 3, 2022:
- The Town Museum (430 Salem Street) is holding its monthly Open House this Sunday from 2pm to 4pm. Free tours of the building are offered to visitors.
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- Students at the Wilmington Middle School — in cooperation with Project 351 — are conducting a clothing drive to benefit Cradles to Crayons. Gently used clothing for children is greatly appreciated. Pajamas and socks must be NEW. Donations are being collected through Monday, April 4, 2022. Collection sites include the Wilmington Middle School, North Intermediate, Shawsheen Elementary, and Wilmington High School. Look for the designated donation bins in the schools’ lobbies. Cradles To Crayons is a non-profit organization that helps families who cannot afford clothing for their children. In return, the children gain confidence and warmth from all the donated clothing.