WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, March 28, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide a summary of the virtual meeting with MBTA to address ongoing rail crossing equipment issues.
- Town Planning & Conservation Director Valerie Gingrich to give a presentation on draft guidelines from the Department of Housing and Community Development for MBTA Communities to establish at least one zoning district for multi-family housing by right.
- Selectmen to hold a public hearing on an earth removal permit request for the Shriners Auditorium Parking Lot (99 Fordham Road).
- Hull will provide a memo regarding receipt of $50,000 for Andover St. sidewalk design.
- Hull will provide updates on the latest meetings of Senior Center Building Committee and the Town Hall/School Administration Building Committee.
- Hull will provide a letter seeking an extension to MSBA Eligibility Period.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Board of Appeals member Daniel Veerman to hear the special permit request of the Fourth of July Committee re: Fun on the Fourth carnival, despite being an abutter.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Berkshire Hathaway Commonwealth Real Estate to use the Town Common on Saturday, April 23, 2022, from 11am to 1pm, to provide daffodils and raise awareness of Sunshine Kids.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Michael Murphy to fly the “Donate Life” flag at Wilmington Town Hall in recognition of April being National Organ Donor Month.
- Selectmen will recognize Helen Durkee during its “Salute To Service” segment.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
An Executive Session (closed to the public meeting) will take place at 6:15pm.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.