WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Friday, March 18, 2022:
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a meeting of its Needleworkers Group from 10am to noon. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding Zumba at 9am; Sewing at 9:30am; Chair Yoga at 12:30pm; and Poker at 1pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- Wilmington’s Cub Scout Pack 136 and Boy Scout Troop 136 are currently collecting returnable cans and bottles to help support their Scouting programs. “CAN” you help? Contact Frank West at 978-658-1754 or email@example.com if you live locally and have returnable cans and bottles that you’d like him to pick up. Cub Scout Pack 136 and Boy Scout Troop 136 are sponsored by Wilmington’s American Legion Post 136.
- The Wilmington Band Parents Association is excited to kick off its 2022 Wildcat Bands Two-Month Calendar Raffle. In total, more than $5,000 in prizes will be awarded during April & May which includes winners every day for a car wash at King Triton Car Care Center and a gift certificate for ice cream at Dandilyons Ice Cream in Reading. That’s 4+ winning prizes each day! And the GRAND PRIZE is a Custom Hand-Crafted Wildcat Jumbo Checkerboard donated by the Moore Family. Learn more HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.