WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, February 26, 2022:
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a bullet journaling class for tweens (ages 8-12) at 2pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- Registered Democrats in Wilmington will hold a virtual caucus on February 26, 2022 at 10:00 A.M. to elect 11 Delegates and 4 Alternates to represent Wilmington at the 2022 State Democratic Convention. Wilmington Democrats who wish to participate in this virtual caucus may register at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88968909880?pwd=SytrQzNIZFFMSnBXM2NDN3NQSmpFZz09. Registered and pre-registered Democrats in Wilmington 16 years old by February 4, 2022 may vote and be elected as delegates or alternates during the caucus. Youth (age 16 to 35), people with disabilities, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community not elected as delegates or alternates are encouraged to apply to be add-on delegates at the caucus or by visiting massdems.org/caucus. The 2022 Convention will be a hybrid convention, with in-person proceedings taking place alongside virtual participation options on June 3rd and 4th at the DCU Center in Worcester. Delegates will convene to endorse candidates for statewide office ahead of the September Democratic Primary. The MassDems are closely monitoring changes in public health guidance and will update plans accordingly. Those interested in getting involved with the Wilmington Democratic Town Committee should contact Jay Donovan at email@example.com or (978) 809-1243.
- TAKE THIS SURVEY: The Wilmington Planning Board is proposing to rezone the commercial and industrial areas surrounding the North Wilmington commuter rail station at the 2022 Annual Town Meeting to be held on April 30, 2022. The proposal is to rezone the General Industrial (GI) and General Business (GB) parcels in this area to Neighborhood Mixed Use (NM) to create a mixed-use village feel. Design standards are also proposed to create attractive, pedestrian friendly streetscapes. Please consider taking a two-minute survey to learn more about the proposal and provide feedback. You can access the survey with this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NorthWilmVillage2022. Please visit the Department of Planning & Conservation’s webpage to review the full text of the zoning proposals and maps. If you have any questions or comments beyond this survey, please call the Department of Planning & Conservation at 978-658-8238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wilmington Community Television has launched a new podcast featuring Wilmington writers as our guests. Each episode of “Wilmington Writes” is taped at WCTV in our Podcast studio. Guest writers read their work and talk a little about the inspiration for the piece they share, why they write and more. We’ll even take your picture to share on social media. Writers of all ages are welcome. We’d prefer shorter pieces of prose like poetry, but can share an excerpt of longer works as well. Each episode should take about 10-15 minutes of your time and we’ll send you a copy of the finished product. To reserve your seat in the writer’s chair or for more information, please email Lisa Kapala at email@example.com.