WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, February 19, 2022:
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding its monthly Poetry Circle at 9:15am via Zoom. Learn more HERE.
- The Shawsheen Tech is holding early bird walk-in spring swim lesson signups from 8:30am to 10:30am in the pool hallway. Learn more HERE.
- Wilmington Community Television has launched a new podcast featuring Wilmington writers as our guests. Each episode of “Wilmington Writes” is taped at WCTV in our Podcast studio. Guest writers read their work and talk a little about the inspiration for the piece they share, why they write and more. We’ll even take your picture to share on social media. Writers of all ages are welcome. We’d prefer shorter pieces of prose like poetry, but can share an excerpt of longer works as well. Each episode should take about 10-15 minutes of your time and we’ll send you a copy of the finished product. To reserve your seat in the writer’s chair or for more information, please email Lisa Kapala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wilmington Community Television is now accepting applications for its Board of Directors. WCTV is a non-profit organization and the Board is tasked with overseeing station policies and budgeting decisions. Full details can be found in the WCTV Bylaws. The Board generally meets once per month, with subcommittees often completing work in between those monthly meetings. For more information please see WCTV’s website: wctv.org. Please send further inquiries to Mary Leard at: email@example.com.