WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will hear from Town Planning Director Valerie Gingrich and Lynne Sweet, of LDS Consulting Group, regarding the 100-104 West Street affordable housing proposal.
- Selectmen will discuss MBTA’s response to the tragic accident on January 21, 2022.
- Selectmen will recognize Dana Burnham for her 10+ years of service to the Wilmington Farmers Market.
- Selectmen will meet the new Assistant Town Manager/HR Director Susan Inman.
- Selectmen will discuss the Town Manager’s proposed FY23 town budget.
- Selectmen will hear an Eagle Scout proposal from Boy Scout Kevin Stevens, of Troop 56.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on petitioned warrant articles for the Annual Town Meeting.
- Town Manager Hull will spotlight more deficiencies in the current Town Hall.
- Fire Chief Bill Cavanaugh will provide a written update about a grant for ballistic vests.
- Selectman Greg Bendel will provide an update on the Senior Center Building Committee’s latest meeting.
- Public Buildings Superintendent George Hooper will provide a written update on remediation of past oil spill at the Wildwood.
- Public Works Superintendent Mike Woods will provide a written update on PFAs levels at Wilmington water treatment plants.
- Selectmen will receive correspondence from Special Town Counsel regarding New England Transrail proposal.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Town Clerk to appoint additional election workers.
- Selectmen will execute an agreement between the town and the firefighters union.
- Selectmen will consider signing an amended access license agreement with Olin to conduct water sampling.
- Selectmen will consider reallocating ARPA funds for the Lubbers Brook culvert project.
- Selectmen will consider setting a date for the Town Manager’s annual evaluation.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
An Executive Session precedes the meeting at 6pm.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.