WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, January 8, 2022:
- Know someone who is getting married? The Massachusetts Bridal & Wedding Expo is coming to Wilmington on Saturday, January 8, 2022, noon to 5pm, and Sunday, January 9, 2022, noon to 5pm, at the Shriners Auditorium (99 Fordham Road). The event features more than 100 exhibitors, covering all aspects of a wedding — gowns, florists, hair & makeup, honeymoon destinations, wedding and event planners, guest accommodations & hotels, photographers, videographers, DJs, bands, photo booths, decor & lighting, reception & wedding venues, tuxedos, jewelry and more. The event also includes live music, demonstrations, fashion shows, and giveaways. See the schedule HERE. Admission costs $10 at the door. You can, however, register online and receive free admission HERE. Parking is free.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a virtual “Pursuit of Happiness” course at 10am. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an Outdoor Winter Survival program at 2pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- REMINDER: Following a snow event, it is important for residents and businesses to clear snow around fire hydrants. The best practice is to clear two feet around the hydrant. If that is not possible, simply making sure the hydrant isn’t completely buried is a good idea. Town personnel do their best to clear as many hydrants as possible, but with over 1,200 fire hydrants in Wilmington, this is a time consuming endeavor. By clearing a hydrant, you are helping the Fire Department’s ability to respond quickly to an emergency, possibly at your residence.