WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Friday, January 7, 2022:
- Due to the predicted snow storm, Wilmington’s residential curbside trash and recycling collection for Friday, January 7, 2022 will be delayed one day to Saturday, January 8th. Christmas trees WILL NOT be collected on Saturday and will resume next week. If you have any questions, contact the DPW at 978-658-4481.
- Wilmington Public Schools, Shawsheen Tech and Abundant Life are CLOSED due to the predicted snow storm.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a Needleworkers Meeting from 10am to noon. This is a social group for those who do any kind of needle craft. Bring your knitting, crocheting, quilting, etc. and enjoy a little conversation and camaraderie—drop in. Everyone welcome!
- The Wilmington Educational Foundation has partnered with Baystate Textiles to raise funds through an ongoing textile recycling rebate program. Bag up any of your unwanted footwear, clothing, accessories, linens and stuffed animals and place them in the donation boxes located outside each of Wilmington’s public schools. Donations can be in any condition as long as they’re clean and dry. The Wilmington Educational Foundation will receive a rebate of $100 for every ton of textiles collected. WEF earns thousands of dollars each year from this fundraiser.
- The Massachusetts Department of Fire Services encourages residents to check their CO alarms and keep vents clear of snow. Learn more HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.