WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Monday, January 3, 2022:
- In recognition of Sean Collier Day, members of the Police Department, Board of Selectmen and Town Administration will lay a wreath at Collier’s Tree of Life at Rotary Park and hold a moment of silence at 2:30pm.
- The Department of Public Works will be collecting Christmas trees curbside beginning January 3, 2022. Residents should remove all decorations and plastic wrapping from their tree and place it curbside on their regular trash pickup day. It is anticipated that the collection will take approximately two weeks. Please note that the pickup may be delayed by weather and other work demands on the DPW. The Christmas trees collected by the Town will be recycled into mulch. The mulch will be made available to residents in the spring at the Recycling Center, and will also be used on Town projects. Residents are advised that Christmas trees cannot be disposed of with their regular trash.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library is holding “Welcoming the New Year with Optimism and Managing Unhealthy Thinking” at 2:30pm via Zoom. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Wilmington Senior Center is holding Tai Chi at 9am, Blood Pressure Clinic at 9:30am, Special Exercise at 10:30am, and Quilting at 1pm. Learn more HERE.
- The Wilmington Knights of Columbus hosts cribbage games every Monday night at 7pm in the KofC’s downstairs hall (142 Middlesex Avenue). $5 entry fee. All skill levels are welcome. Open to the general public (21 and up).