WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Sunday, January 2, 2022:
- The Town Museum (430 Salem Street) is holding its next monthly Open House this Sunday, January 2, 2022, from 2pm to 4pm. Free tours of the building are offered to visitors.
- The Department of Public Works will be collecting Christmas trees curbside beginning January 3, 2022. Residents should remove all decorations and plastic wrapping from their tree and place it curbside on their regular trash pickup day. It is anticipated that the collection will take approximately two weeks. Please note that the pickup may be delayed by weather and other work demands on the DPW. The Christmas trees collected by the Town will be recycled into mulch. The mulch will be made available to residents in the spring at the Recycling Center, and will also be used on Town projects. Residents are advised that Christmas trees cannot be disposed of with their regular trash.
- The holiday season is upon us. Parties and gift giving can often lead to excess trash. Overflow bags are the only approved bags for extra trash. Trash not in the official 64-gallon blue containers or in the overflow bags will not be collected. The bags are sold in packets of 5 for $10. The bags are available for purchase at Elia’s, Lucci’s, Market Basket and North Reading’s Stop & Shop. Overflow bags are for trash only – no yard waste, no recycles, no construction debris, and no hazardous waste. The bags can hold a maximum weight of about 25 pounds. Bags must be placed beside your trash container.
- Did you know there is a weekly car meetup from 9am to noon on Sundays in the As Good As It Gets parking lot (35 Lowell Street)? Learn more about Kars N Coffee HERE. Watch videos from past meetups HERE.
- Food shopping in town this week? This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE. This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE. Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.