WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, December 13, 2021 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will discuss proclaiming January 3 as Sean Collier Day in the Town of Wilmington.
- Town Health Director Shelley Newhouse will provide an update on COVID-19.
- Selectmen will consider approving and executing the Town Manager’s Employment Agreement.
- Selectmen will consider a request to support a warrant article to name and dedicate the walking trail at Hathaway Acres in memory of John “Jack” Maguire.
- Town Planning & Conservation Director Valerie Gingrich will provide an update on the town’s Hazard Mitigation Plan.. Selectmen will vote to adopt the updated plan.
- Selectmen will receive a presentation on the Senior Center and Fire Department’s “Sand for Seniors” and “File of Life” programs.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the upcoming Assistant Town Manager opening.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on scheduling a Special Town Meeting on March 8, 2022.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will discuss the site assignment process for the solid waste disposal facility proposal on Woburn Street.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the RMLD License for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
- Town DPW Director Michael Woods will provide an update on PFAs removal at the town’s water treatment plants.
- Town Clerk Elizabeth Lawrenson will provide an update on the preliminary draft of the inhabitant bylaws.
- Selectman Greg Bendel will provide an update on the Senior Center Building Committee’s site recommendation.
- State Senator Bruce Tarr’s correspondence related to COVID-19 will be shared.
- Selectmen will consider approving the 2022 licenses for alcoholic beverages, automatic amusement, billiard room, class I vehicles, class II vehicles, common victualer and entertainment.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.