Below is a job description from the Town of Wilmington, published on December 8, 2021:
Reporting to: Town Clerk
Wages: $14.25 per hour
Hours: Election Trainings and Election Hours.
Location: Various Precincts
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
An intermittent position working to assist the Town Clerk and Election Wardens in the operation of local, state and federal elections.
Working under the direction of the Town Clerk or designee:
- Assist voters in checking in to vote, hand out ballots.
- Document voting through the voter check in and check out using Poll Pads.
- Tabulate vote totals at the end of the election, assist in hand counting ballots when needed.
- Assist in early voting at both the precincts and filing in the clerk’s office
- Other duties as assigned in support of the election process.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read documents, including small print.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be available on election days.
Work is generally performed inside a building. Attendance of a pre-election class is required. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
Submit resume, cover letter and completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager/Director of Human Resources
121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at:
If submitting by email please use “Position: Election Worker” in the subject. Resume, cover letter and completed employment application may be attached as a PDF to the email. Please note, we will not reformat or fix formatting issues if sending electronically and in a file type other than PDF.