WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, December 11, 2021:
- The Wilmington-based Sole Sisters Running Club is holding its Fourth Annual Winter SOLEstice 5K on Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 10am, beginning on the Wilmington Town Common (142 Middlesex Avenue). Join the Facebook event HERE to learn more.
- The Parish of the Transfiguration is conducting a Christmas Food Drive to help families in need within the St. Thomas and St. Dorothy’s parishes. Donations can be left inside the entrances of both St. Thomas and St. Dorothy’s prior to the masses on December 11, 2021 and December 12, 2021. Grocery store gift cards in any denomination are needed for each dinner basket and would be much appreciated. Monetary donations (if by check, please made payable to the Parish of the Transfiguration) or gift cards can be brought to the Parish Office, CCD Office, and or place in the offertory marked “Christmas Dinners.”
- The Ahern Family Charitable Foundation will host its 18th Annual Army-Navy Football Luncheon fundraiser on Saturday, December 11, 2021 at the Scoreboard Sports Bar & Grill in Woburn. Proceeds from the luncheon will support Massachusetts children of fallen and deployed troops this holiday season through Operation Santa-Massachusetts, a program created in partnership with the Military Friends Foundation. Tickets are available now at ahernfoundation.org.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding virtual program for Grades 9-11 on the SATs and ACTs at 11am. Learn more and register HERE.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.