WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, November 27, 2021:
- The Annual Castleberry Faire Holiday Craft Festival will take place on Friday, November 26, 2021 (9am-5pm); Saturday, November 27, 2021 (10am-5pm), and Sunday, November 28, 2021 (10am-4pm) at the Shriners Auditorium (99 Fordham Road). This three day shopping bonanza includes over 250 of the nation’s finest Craftspeople, displaying and selling their American made works. Admission costs $8 per person. ($7 discounted tickets can be purchased HERE.) Children 14 and under are FREE. Click HERE for a $2-off coupon. One admission is good for ALL 3 DAYS. Parking is free.
- The Massachusetts State Police will be holding a Sobriety Checkpoint in Middlesex County on Saturday, November 27, 2021 into Sunday, November 28, 2021. Wilmington is one of the 54 cities and towns in Middlesex County. The purpose of the Sobriety Checkpoint is to detect and remove drivers who are operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs from the roads. The Checkpoint also raises the public’s awareness of law enforcement’s efforts to combat this serious issue. “Any inconvenience to motorists will be minimized with advanced notice to reduce fear and anxiety,” said Colonel Christopher Mason, Superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police, in the announcement. “The selection of vehicles will not be arbitrary. Safety will be assured.” The Sobriety Checkpoint is funded through a grant provided by the Highway Safety Division of the Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety and Security.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding a Drop-In Storytime at 10:30am. Grab your jackets and your blankets to bundle up and get ready for some fun outdoor fall storytimes! Our storytimes include books, rhymes, music and movement. In the event of inclement weather, recent rain/snow causing the ground to be saturated, or temperatures under 55° or above 85°, storytime will move INDOORS. Ages 2+. Masks are required indoors for all ages, regardless of vaccination status, per the Wilmington Board of Health.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- Online registration is now open from the Shawsheen Tech’s upcoming “Winter Learn to Swim” Program. Lessons run over six Saturdays — from January 8, 2022 to February 12, 2022. Six 30-minute lessons for beginning swimmers cost $85. Six 60-minute lessons for more advanced swimmers cost $170. Register HERE. Payment methods include cash, check or charge. There are no refunds, class make-ups or class substitutions. If there is a winter storm, class details will be posted on Twitter at @Shawsheen_Pool.