WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Saturday, November 13, 2021:
- The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding an Outdoor Scarecrow Contest from 10am to 4:30pm. Learn more and register HERE.
- Shriners Auditorium (99 Fordham Road) will host a large firearm and knife show on Saturday, November 13, 2021, from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday, November 14, 2021, from 9am to 3pm. Participants can buy, sell and trade sporting, antique, and collectible firearms; custom and high quality knives; and various militaria. The general admission fee for adults is $12. Children 12 and under, with an adult, are free. Parking is also free. Learn more HERE. A $2-off coupon can be found HERE. The event is hosted by New Mart Promotions of Massachusetts and promoted by the NRA-affiliated Westchester Collectors Club.
- The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. 100% of all proceeds support the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- Girl Scout Daisy Troop 83443 will be collecting toys to support Operation Colby Claus. New, unwrapped toys can be dropped off at their meeting on Friday, November 19, 2021, between 4:30pm and 5:30pm, at the Wilmington United Methodist Church. Toys can also be dropped off between now and Tuesday, November 30, 2021 to Danielle McCabe at 7 Wakefield Avenue in Wilmington. Have a question? Contact Erin Boland at ecl1018[at]gmail.com.
- WOW is working in collaboration with the Senior Center to find people who would be interested in sharing their hobbies and talents with our senior community. Do you love to tap dance, do stand up comedy or make balloon animals? Are you into astrology or are you an expert at “cooking for one”? How about self defense or yoga? Love to tie-dye clothing, arrange flowers, clip coupons or bake? The Senior Center would love for you to come in and share these hobbies with their members. Sessions would take place at the Senior Center on weeknights or Friday afternoons starting after the new year. You could do just one session or multiple, your choice. Please reach out to WOW at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can make arrangements for you. These enrichment activities are so important for our seniors!