WILMINGTON, MA — The Town of Wilmington’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will take place on Saturday, December 4, 2021, from 4pm to 7pm, on the Wilmington Town Common. Santa will arrive at 5:45pm to light up the Common for the holiday season.
This annual popular event, sponsored by the Wilmington Fourth of July Committee, will feature the following:
- Horse-drawn hayrides
- Complimentary Cookies (baked by Shawsheen Tech Culinary Arts students) and hot chocolate served by WHS Cheerleaders
- Glow sticks for children
- Ice sculpture sponsored by the Wilmington Tewksbury Chamber of Commerce and some of its member companies
- Wilmington Minutemen with lanterns
- Wilmington High School a cappella group, “Soundscape” leading Christmas Carols
- Wilmington Community Fund annual Wilmington-themed ornament sales inside the Fourth of July Building
- Members of the Wilmington Firefighters collecting unwrapped toys and donations for Wilmington children
- Clergy from parishes throughout the town presenting the story of Christmas
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be no photos with Santa in the Fourth of July Building this year.
There is no rain date. Additional information will be posted on the Fourth of July Committee’s Facebook page.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.