WILMINGTON, MA — Below are 5 things to do in Wilmington on Thursday, November 11, 2021:
- The Wilmington Department of Veterans’ Services invites all the residents of Wilmington to attend, remember and honor all our past and present veterans at 11am on the Wilmington Town Common. Participants will assemble at the Fourth of July parking lot at 10:45am. All current social distancing and safety protocols will be followed and the ceremony will be livestreamed on Facebook.
- The Wilmington Youth Hockey Association is holding a “Hockey and Heroes” fundraiser from 3pm to 9pm at Tremezzo Ristorante (2 Lowell Street). Bring the whole family and your friends to help raise money for Wilmington’s boys and girls in blue while paying tribute to our local Veterans. 15% of all proceeds of food ordered will go back to the Wilmington Youth Hockey Association. All-day long. Applies to both dine-in and take-out orders. No flyer needed. Advanced registrations are suggested by calling 978-447-5967.
- WOW’s 2021 Holiday Assistance Program is now underway. If you or someone you know could benefit from some help this Holiday Season, please direct them to WOW’s website http://www.onewilmington.org to fill out the application or have them email WOW at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Applications need to be received by November 14, 2021.
- If you’re looking to get rid of some of your children’s Halloween candy, We’re One Wilmington’s junior chapter (Junior WOW) is collecting candy through Friday, November 12, 2021 to include with messages to seniors and veterans. Candy donations can be dropped off at Wilmington’s Salem Five Bank (281 Main Street) or in the marked bin at 41 Apache Way.
- Wilmington businesses Team Blue/ERA Key Realty Services and Damore Law are holding a Thanksgiving Pie Fundraiser to benefit We’re One Wilmington. Order a pie from Josie’s Bakery (2 Lowell Street) and both business will donate $5 each to WOW. Pies available include Apple ($15), Pecan ($18), Pumpkin ($18) and Chocolate Cream ($20). Pies can be ordered now through November 19, 2021 by texting or calling Margie at 978-810-0523. (Make sure to mention the fundraiser — “give thanks, eat pie.”) Pick-up will take place at the bakery on Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at Josie’s Bakery.