WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, October 25, 2021 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.
There are some noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- DPW Director Mike Woods and DPW Business & Utility Manager Joseph Lobao will discuss Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances exceeding the maximum contaminant level in some of Wilmington’s water.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the Wilmington Fourth of July Committee to use the Town Common for a Tree Lighting on December 4, 2021.
- Assistant Town Manager Kerry Colburn-Dion will discuss the Verizon Cable License Renewal Ascertainment Public Hearing.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will announce the appointment of Elizabeth Lawrenson as the permanent Town Clerk. Lawrenson will also be named Public Records Access Officer.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will propose dates for a Special Town Meeting. Hull will also provide an update on the Wildwood School Building Committee’s first meeting.
- Selectmen will consider the requests of Veterans Services Director Lou Cimaglia to use the Town Common on November 11, 2021 for Veterans’ Day Ceremonies and to illuminate the Town Common green in November in support of veterans.
The meeting will be televised live on WCTV and http://www.wctv.org.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.